Soil selection of transgenics using phosphinothricin/glufosinate/Basta
- Weigh between 0.1 and 0.2 gram of seeds and vernalize in water for 48h.
- Resuspend seeds in 200ml water, using a 10 ml pipette dispense seeds on a flat.
- Place flat in growth room with a clear lid for a week.
- Remove lid.
- Spray 3-time weekly with 15 mg/L of herbicide.
- Resistant plant will appear after 2 weeks.
- These can either be transfer to a new flat or spraying can continue until all non-reistant plant die.
TO VIEW WHAT THE PLANTS SHOULD LOOK LIKE AT THE DIFFERENT STEPS YOU CAN VISIT THIS PAGE: http://www.germainhugo.com/lab-members/caroline-mireault/